Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes

I have been seeing cupcakes made with brownies and strawberry cake and boy do they look yummy! I've attempted to remedy sugar/ sweet cravings by keeping Godiva dark chocolate gems in the pantry but that can only get a sweets loving girl so far. So this weekend I decided I deserved a sweet treat and baked my own version of these chocolate strawberry delights!

Chocolate- Strawberry Cupcakes



1 box strawberry cake mix
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 tubs of icing ( I used cream cheese icing)

Note: Make sure both of the cake mixes have the same type of baking directions.

1.      Prepare both cake mixes as directed on box.
2.      Combine mixes however you want.
3.      Bake!

Makes about 24 cupcakes

I had a lot of fun combining cake mixtures!  The strawberry mix is denser than the chocolate so if you want an evenly divided cupcake, pour in strawberry and then chocolate on top. I also did a "hidden flavor" cupcake: fill cup liner with chocolate about 3/4 full  and then add a dollop of strawberry right in the center. I added a very small drop the chocolate mix back on top just to make sure that the strawberry was completely covered.  It bakes chocolate all around but once you bite into it you have a yummy strawberry center. The last combo I did was a marble cake. After playing with different amounts in each liner I had some left over so I decided to mix it like a marble cake. I have to say that those were my favorite!
    
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmmm these sound so good!!