What you'll need:
Red and Green Bell Pepper, Sliced Thinly
Onion, Sliced Thinly
Dash of Salt & Pepper
- Heat a skillet with oil on medium. Saute vegetable and season with desired amount of seasoning just to taste.
- Cook till onions are caramelized and mushrooms and peppers are tender.
- On a tortilla, lay avocado down first ( it will play the role as meat), then vegetables and whatever else you would usually top your tacos with!
- Yes, it is really that easy!
- Add a side of whole or black beans.
Strangely, the mushrooms masked the fact that there wasn't any meat in the taco. I'm usually not a huge mushroom fan but these were SO good! I topped my taco with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese and some diced tomatoes.
Hope your meatless Friday will be as enjoyable as mine!