Friday, February 10, 2012

Strawberry Bread


As I've said before, we are getting ready to move and moving food is not something I care to do (1 week left!). For the last few weeks we have come up with some very interesting dinners just to try and use up everything that we can. With around 5 lbs of strawberries still had left in the freezer I knew I had to come up with something yummy, especially since my mom is coming to visit this weekend! All I can say is thank you pinterest for getting my mind rolling with ideas! Yesterday I got busy in the kitchen and was able to use everything I already had on hand! I love free!

Remember the Strawberry Granita I made a few weeks back? Well for dessert tonight we're having a Mixed Berry Granita. I did a bit of a taste test just to check and it is to die for!

Also, my granola that made awhile ago (if not find it here)? I pretty much did a "garbage can" granola and dumped raisins, crasins, dark choco chips and nuts in it. Since I added so much more stuff into it this time, I added an extra 1/2 cup agave into it to help it all stick together better. These have been my favorite batch so far!

Finally, inspired by my pinterest find, strawberry bread! All I can say is holy cow this is good!

Strawberry Bread


2 c. fresh or frozen strawberries
3 1/8 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 1/4 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c. chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Slice strawberries, and place in medium-sized bowl. If they are frozen, de-thaw a bit but not all the way because they are easier to cut still slightly frozen.  Sprinkle lightly with sugar, and set aside while preparing bread mixture.

Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl: mix well. Blend oil and eggs into strawberries. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in pecans. Divide batter into pans.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaves out, and cool completely.
  
This is so good that Kevin actually said he like the strawberry bread better than the chocolate chip pumpkin bread! Wow! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Holly Lefevre said...

I cannot wait for strawberry season. I love strawberry anything!