Friday, August 23, 2013

Dinner Challenge #2

With summer winding down and a lot of fruits at the peak of the season I decided I'd try a healthy summery salad from EatingWell for our dinner challenge this week. I don't know about you but I love cooking and eating seasonal flavors. This salad almost made me wish I had another month of summer but I have to say I'm ready for some cooler weather and hearty warm dishes the fall always seems to offer.

Raspberry, Avocado & Mango Salad
 EatingWell Magazine
 
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1 small clove garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
pinch of ground pepper
Salad greens
1 ripe mango diced
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup nuts
 
1. Dressing: puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in blender until well combine
2. Salad: Mix together salad greens, avocado, mango and onion. Toss with dressing and top with raspberries and nuts.
 

No comments: