What You Need:
1 sweet potato per person
For the Chicken (serves roughly 6):
3/4 lbs Chicken breast
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 6 oz can Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
1 tsp Dried oregano
1 tsp Cumin
Salt and pepper
Potato Stuffing (Personal desired about of each ingredient):
(this can all be varied depending on what you have in your fridge)
Bell pepper, diced
Red or white onion, diced
Black Beans, drained
Scallions, Cilantro or Green Onion
What to Do:
1. Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, dry with towel and wrap in foil. Put potatoes in a crockpot and if you're going to be gone for longer than six hours put temp on low or if you have less that 6 hours put them on high. The microwave works too for faster results.
2. When you're ready to start dinner, in a medium bowl mix olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a skillet add a tbsp of oil and heat. Add chicken and flavor with salt and pepper. Once cooked through place on a cutting board and shred. Toss chicken in the chicken sauce and set aside.
4. Drain any juices left in the skillet and return skillet to medium heat. Saute peppers, onions, jalapeno, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and salt.
5. While the veggies are cooking open and drain black beans and corn. Add to skillet and warm.
6. Once all veggie ingredients are warmed, remove chicken from sauce and add to skillet. Turn off heat and cover skillet.
7. Remove sweet potatoes from crockpot and cut as desired. Spoon filling on top of potato and top with scallions, cilantro or green onion, cheese, and sour cream.