Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas is Almost Here!

Hi All!

Yes, it has been a while since I've posted and for some very legitimate reasons. First, my husband and I have been doing a bit of traveling. Secondly, I've been training for a half marathon which I was suppose to run a couple weekends ago but because of an awesome ice storm here in Texas it was cancelled... so I'm still training. Thirdly, family. While I see my families often through out the year, during the holiday season we get extra close and enjoy things like breakfast with Santa and touring the DeGoyer house at the Arboretum and so on... Fourthly, shopping!!! I was on a mission this year and I nearly succeeded! The goal: to have all of Christmas shopping done by December 1st. Everyone gets so wrapped up now a days shopping during December instead of really enjoying. Well this year I have really enjoyed December! Lastly, a very very good friend of mine who has had an "awesome" pregnancy, sense the sarcasm, delivered her beloved little boy late last week as an early Christmas present. I told her he really wanted to see Santa!  That's a wrap up of my life from the past month and now Id love to share so fun things I've done around the house this Christmas season.


Who doesn't love Pinterest! Last year I started doing the 12 Days of Christmas with my husband which I found the idea on Pinterest and decided I would continue it to this year. My husband is INCREDIBLY hard to shop for and this really helped me not feel so bad about not finding the "perfect" gift for him. I'm not going to give you all of my days yet on the off chance my husband finds this post.

Day 1: Love letter and Picture
 
With technology so prevalent now, I realized that I don't have anything in writing that shows exactly how much I love my husband. So, I told him on paper and included a photo of us that was taken earlier this year. I plan on doing this every year!
 
 
Day 2: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
 
I bake a LOT during the holiday season but I know that oatmeal raisin cookies are my husbands favorite so I made them for him! Before I was able to make and give them, my husband forgot he had a flight that evening for a work meeting the next day. So I lovingly rushed him to the airport
 
 
Day 3: Wash Car
 
Being the frugal person I am, I wash my own car instead of pay a ton of money to have it done. When I realized I was going to have my husbands car for the day I decided to wash off all the dirt it had accumulated from the ice storm and pick him up at the airport with a clean car and his oatmeal cookies in the front seat. He was a happy camper!
 
Day 4: Candy Canes
 
 
My husband LOVES starbursts. Last year I found starburst candy canes and I'm pretty sure that it made his entire Christmas. Putting up his candy canes on the tree, which is possibly the only decorating he actually enjoys for Christmas, only to pick one off every evening when he gets home from work really makes his day.
 
Day 5: Broken Kitchen
 
This one really isn't for him but I decided to do it anyway. In the past month he's broken one of my bamboo cutting boards and OXO pantry storage containers. As a small joke I wrapped up the replacements I bought.  
 
 
I have several other things coming up for last minute Christmas ideas! Stay tuned!



No comments: