What You'll Need:
1 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground all spice
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
What to Do:
1. In a large bowl, whisk, pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices one at a time, whisking between each addition until completely combine.
3. Stir in nuts.
4. Fill cupcake cups 3/4 full and bake at 350 (f) degrees for 22- 24 minutes.
For the Icing:
1/2 c. butter , at room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 c powdered confectioners sugar
1tbsp heavy cream, whipping cream or milk (whatever you have on hand)
What to Do:
1. In a mixer, beat butter till creamy.
2. Add cream cheese to butter and beat until combined.
3. Add vanilla extract. Beat.
4. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time on medium speed until the icing begins to get fluffy.
5. Add heavy cream, whipping cream, or milk. Beat till combined.
6. Use immediately or put in refrigerator till ready to use.